TIPS TO USE BABY THERMOMETER
Last week, we saw different types of thermometers that can find in the market. And we analyze each of them to see which is best suited to our needs. To complete what we started calling “How to take the temperature of the baby or child” we end today with a series of tips or ready to put the thermometer to know how the child properly. You have explained the different types of mercury. Here are the steps to put the thermometer. View baby thermometer reviews here.
The first thing is to decide if you have to put the thermometer to the child. To do this, we must look at several things or details. The first and clearest is the temperature. If the child is boiling on the forehead, neck, neck. It will be enough reason to wear it. Not all children are the same. I have met many children who seem to be fresh but when we put the thermometer, have a fever (something I do not understand very well) but occurs. Therefore, we can also look at the vitality of the child. If when it should be encouraged, tired. It has red cheeks. Watery eyes that do not go away. There are some signs that we can tell that the child has fiber.Colocando the thermometer in the mouth
Anal thermometer: It is very reliable, but keep in mind that is not the same 38C taken in the rectum than in the armpit. Consider the following:
● The first is to clean the thermometer. So we avoid any infection. On the right, we have plenty of very sensitive veins, which are not used to an invasion.
● Thermometers are fragile, which is not difficult to insert. But still, we must apply some lubricant on the tip of the thermometer.
● The thermometer should not go more than 2.5 cm into the rectum, if you have any doubt, it is best to Midas thermometer and makes a mark on the thermometer, to know that there can not pass.
● The position of the child is necessary. We have two options. With the chest in your legs, looking down, when we are sitting. That right legs are dangling over the side. We must be sure that we will be able to restrain the child. Since a sudden movement can cause injury.
● The other position is on a hard, face-up surface. This position has the advantage that the child can see us, so we can relax and calm while we put the thermometer.
● Set it, and turn on the thermometer. The time has come.
● The thermometer in the mouth: Like the rectum, need a very high hygiene. To me, it is my least favorite, and in fact, I have never used. It is not recommended for children under 4 or 5 years old.
● The child must have been at least 30 minutes without taking anything, or drink or eat.
● Make sure it is clean before putting it well.
● It is placed under the tongue. The child should not bite or moving the tongue in the process.
● Baby with termometroTermómetro in the armpit: It is the method most commonly used, and for me the most reliable that we can have at home. Besides being the easiest to install.
● Clean it before putting. If this is the first time, you put it and do not have much security. And if you do good temperature in the room. You can take the shirt the child before inserting it. This facilitates the process.
● You have to place the tip of the thermometer in the center of the armpit and close the child’s arm. Then colócale arm in position as if he had a cast beam and pressure in the armpit. I put the child hugging me. What makes the child more comfortable and hold longer.
How to act when the thermometer indicates fever children
Knows how to work when the thermometer shows fever children. Notes the guidelines to follow to reduce heat.
One of the first logical reactions when parents touch their children’s foreheads and tropical notes are to put the thermometer baby and check whether or not they have a fever. Baby thermometers are very useful as they are designed and adapted especially for children.
We talked while the advantages of digital thermometers for babies, instead of mercury thermometers. Regardless baby thermometer we use, the concern in question, in this case, is a fever.
What to do when the baby thermometer says my child has a fever?
Contrary to popular belief, fever is not a negative thing for the child. Itself is not a disease. Rather it is a symptom caused because of another illness. The human body, when it detects bacteria or viruses, sets off a defense system consisting of the body is reaching temperatures above average, to combat the disease. Therefore, fever is a mechanism notice that an abnormality occurs in the body.
It is clear that however much the fever notice concerned parents we were not comfortable until our son has returned to normal temperature and we indicates digital thermometer baby.
Want to know how to lower the fever your child and baby thermometer redial a normal temperature?
We believe that there is fever from 38th, the temperature taken orally or rectally. Some triggers causes of illness are infectious diseases, burns or sunstroke. How do we act to reduce heat?
● Small bathing for 15 minutes in warm water, not cold. There is the availability of baby bath thermometer to measure water temperature and to adjust it.
● The use of scantily clad by the child without letting it get too cool.
● Keep cool ventilated room.
● The liquid is essential to maintain the baby hydrated, since one of the consequences of fever sweat.
● If the thermometer brand children more than 39.5 °, give him an antipyretic.
Where do I take my child’s temperature through the digital thermometer baby?
How to take a temperature through thermometer baby is not complicated. Bearing in mind that the temperature of an infant is 1 degree higher than the adult, the decision will depend on where the thermometer is placed.
According to studies and research, the best place to be the most reliable in making the right temperature.
The child has a fever when:
● The ear temperature is 38º or greater.
● 37,2º in the armpit.
● The rectal temperature is 38 degrees or greater.
● 37.5 degrees by taking the temperature orally.
When should you see a doctor?
If you have three months or more and have the following symptoms:
● Excessive sleepiness.
● Vomiting or dizziness.
● Abnormal behavior or excessive irritability.
● Severe headaches or seizures.
● Skin rash.
● Stiff neck.
● Limb is cold compared to another body, or does not use.
● Fontanelle swollen.
● Or constant pain.